Thursday, March 11, 2010

NYC: Shake Shack (Upper West Side)

I've been dying to try Shake Shack for  years!  I have no idea what's taken me so long to go, I mean, the main midtown location isn't too far away from my office...maybe it's the wait, maybe the hype.  Well, I have to say that it is definitely worth all the hype.  Ethan and I finally checked it out tonight for dinner and I was in heaven!  I can't wait to go back again.

Let me start with what makes this place so good...to me.  I'm obsessed with burgers.  It's my biggest weakness and if there's only one thing I could eat for the rest of my life, it would be a bacon cheeseburger.  Anyway, the Shake Shack burger not only uses really good quality ingredients but it has the perfect bun to meat ratio.  I was pretty happy that they use American cheese for their burger - it's my favorite choice of cheese for burgers.  It's not overpowering, or greasy, but creamy and melts just perfectly.  I (being the piggy that I am) ordered the Double ShackBurger (American cheese, lettuce, tomato and Shack sauce).  Ethan ordered the same thing but with a single patty.  I think the next time I go, and I'm starving, I'll get two Singles.  The fries come separately, but what's a burger without fries?  And what's a burger and fries without a shake?  I ordered a strawberry shake and Ethan ordered a chocolate malt.  He wasn't that impressed with the malt since he said he couldn't taste much of the malt powder.  Mine was excellent, no complaints from me.

This past Summer when we were in Colorado, we went to a burger joint called Lark Burger which was also really good.  They were actually comparable tasting burgers.  The size is a bit deceiving (both the LarkBurger and the ShakeBurger), but with the fries AND shake, it's quite filling.  A great recommendation from my brother.  The next time we're out there, I MUST get another LarkBurger.

Single ShackBurger on the Left and Double on the Right

ShackBurger - Double

Yummmm...mmmm...mmmm

Strawberry Milkshake

Shake Shack (map)
366 Columbus Avenue (at 77th Street)
646-747-8770

No comments:

Post a Comment