Tuesday, March 23, 2010

NYC: The Barn at Bedford Post Inn (Brunch)

Janet:
I've had my eye on Bedford Post Inn for some time now and finally, Yumi and I booked a morning of Yoga followed by Brunch in the Barn. I really wanted to spend the night at the Inn, but at $400 a night, it's a bit out of my price range. It was a beautiful 50 degree, blue sky day. Yoga in the morning was a great way start to the day. The class we took was called Iyengar yoga...I don't do yoga enough to really know the difference between all of the yoga styles, but it was really good and I can't wait to go again. Bedford Post is only about 45 minutes from Manhattan.

The Barn was really quaint and rustic. It's still a bit too cold to be eating outside, but that's why we need to go back there so we can enjoy it all over again once the weather is a bit warmer. I ordered the spicy grilled chicken sandwich with a side of applewood smoked bacon. Yumi and I shared a side of herbed french fries. The fries were NOT that good. They weren't soggy, but they weren't really crunchy either and they just missed flavor.

Dessert...yes, we ordered dessert after brunch, we shared a warm chocolate brownie with stracciatella gelato.

Yumi:
I had the poached eggs with polenta, which was really good, but really rich so I couldn't finish it. The best part of the visit was the snacks that we picked up after brunch. I got the vanilla cupcake and an apple strudel. The cupcake was moist with just the right ratio of cake to frosting, and the apple strudel was just sheer bliss. The apples were cooked to perfection with a hint of lemon.

Spicy Chicken Sandwich

Warm Brownie sunday with Stracciatella Gelato

Here are some other pastries from the Barn:






Bedford Post Inn
954 Old Post Road (map)
Bedford, NY 10506

No comments:

Post a Comment