Saturday, March 6, 2010

NYC: Obao Noodles & Grill

We tried Obao on a Thursday night and it was in general pretty good and as to be expected. I wasn't feeling overly ambitious today, but something asiany sounded perfect. A definite good place to go if you're in midtown, but I wasn't crazy for it.

For our appetizer, we ordered the pork belly skewer. This was pretty tasty with a nice sweet taste. I'd order this again if I wasn't on a diet.




For dinner, I ordered the grilled pork & shrimp cucumber salad, herbs and lime dressing with a fried spring roll. This was just what I wanted and I was really happy with this dish. The Laksa was a disappointment. One of my favorite Singaporean dishes and it was totally NOT even close to authentic. I would try something different next time, if there is a next time...

Grilled pork & shrimp left and Singapore Laksa on the right

Obao (map)
222 East 53rd Street (between 2nd & 3rd Ave)

No comments:

Post a Comment